When should I bring my child for their first eye exam?

If your child is complaining about objects being blurred, fuzzy or doubled, they need an ophthalmologic exam. In addition, if you notice the child’s eyes turning in or out, squinting to focus, or having persistent redness and irritation, your ophthalmologist should be contacted. We usually see children at 5 years old and older. Children under the age of 5 should probably be seen by a pediatric ophthalmologist. We can refer you if needed.